Useful arduino related books?

Hi all,

I am compiling a list of useful books for learning how to make projects using arduino, including books that teach the basics of electronics. This is the list so far:

As you can see the list is a bit empty, so what other books are there that you have read and would recommend to a fellow arduinoist? Any suggestions from electronics basics to robot building using arduino as long as it's going to help in making arduino projects!

Simon Monk has at least wrote 3 books (one to come out shortly) that are worth reading (I have not read them but I recall positive comments.

Have you googled Amazon for Arduino allready? Then have a look how many negative comments there are (I find these 100% more informative than the positive ones)

I like - www.earthshineelectronics.com/files/ASKManualRev5.pdf - very much, its free and good.

succes,
Rob

Thanks for the help! I have added Simon Monk's book "30 projects for the evil genius" to the list, as well as some other books with good reviews that I found on Amazon. I also agree that the earth shine electronics book is fantastic, it was the first book I read when I started learning about the Arduino! I shall be adding it to the getting started page on my site shortly :slight_smile:

Hi, This has been discussed on and off for a while.. I have collected what I/others thought were the best, and have a page here:
http://arduino-info.wikispaces.com/Arduino-Books

I own and have read quite a bit of each of these books and several that I did NOT put on the list...

I have Alpha versions of books about 'Arduino Internals' and 'The Process of Arduino Engineering', which I will review in a while when they settle down.

LOTS of new Arduino books coming out all the time. Some of them are even good...

Yeah I have since found quite a few topics on this, I really should have done a search first! Your list looks good, I'm thinking of only including books I own and have read in my list from now on. That way I can make sure the book is actually a worthwhile book, I can write a proper review and I can sort the books into categories that might actually be of use to people! At the moment it's just a jumbled list of books that fit in the broad category of Arduino and general electronics... I begin reading tonight! 8)

I'm thinking of only including books I own and have read in my list from now on. That way I can make sure the book is actually a worthwhile book, I can write a proper review and I can sort the books into categories that might actually be of use to people!

Listing all books you know of, and marking the ones you have, have read, and have reviewed, would be more useful, in my opinion.