User Configuration delay time

Hello everyone,

I want to control the delay time of my code. please provide me some information or code related to how to control delay time.?

In my project, after uploading sketch into a board i don't want to used Arduino IDE for changing the delay time of data acquiring. I want some exe file with the help of exe file I control the delay time of my Arduino code. simply means i want user configurable delay time.

Thank You

i want user configurable delay time.

Use the Serial interface to prompt the user to enter the delay parameter(s) before proceeding

See Serial input basics - updated for ideas on how to do this

Another answer here

UKHeliBob:
Use the Serial interface to prompt the user to enter the delay parameter(s) before proceeding

See Serial input basics - updated for ideas on how to do this

Sir, i don’t want to use serial monitor.

I am looking some exe file which supports to my arduino ide

i don’t want to use serial monitor.

You didn’t say that previously

Any terminal emulator will allow you to do what you want
PuTTY
RealTerm
TeraTerm
etc
etc

I’m not sure of your skill level, but you could use - for example - four input bits to select one of sixteen possible delay times at runtime, or once per restart in setup().
(More bits more choices)

lastchancename:
I’m not sure of your skill level, but you could use - for example - four input bits to select one of sixteen possible delay times at runtime, or once per restart in setup().
(More bits more choices)

Can you give some link on how to use it.

Use digitalRead() - or read bits from a port - to test the input bits you are using, form an index 0-n, and use that to reference an array of intervals.
Use that array value in your delay or millis timing
Pretty straightforward.
You could use solder links, or shorting pins to select the pin value you want to use.

amitshishodia:
I am looking some exe file which supports to my arduino ide

That makes no sense.

But you could write a pc program in the language of your choice to prompt the user for input and fire that out the COM port to the arduino.

This is really a follow on from your VB thread exactly a month ago....