@username Feature.

The @username function should now be working again

@ballscrewbob

@PerryBebbington

Seems to work ok

@UKHeliBob

OK - I give up. What is it supposed to do ?

@UKHeliBob
Generate a notification to you just by including your username in a reply like that. So it will bring your attention to a topic that you are not following.

Another test @UKHeliBob

And again @UKHeliBob

PerryBebbington:
@UKHeliBob
Generate a notification to you just by including your username in a reply like that. So it will bring your attention to a topic that you are not following.

Thanks Perry

I can conform that it works for me

@ballscrewbob
Please can you post something announcing this feature?
Thanks

PerryBebbington:
@ballscrewbob
Please can you post something announcing this feature?
Thanks

Thought I tagged it onto the work to date list

It is not a major feature as it seems to have been already available and was just disabled.

Oh and this thread too LOL

ballscrewbob:
Thought I tagged it onto the work to date list

Many people won't read that...

But what about the thread called @username ? :grin:

For the life of me I cannot understand why this Thread is Titled @username test

Surely a more practical Title would be "Introducing the new @username feature"

Of course I do realize that such a Title might imply that someone would have had to write a description of the new feature - which would have pre-empted Reply #4

On the other hand it seems safe to assume that such a description would have been written prior to any programming to give effect to the feature, so copying it here for our benefit would have required very little effort.

Or is the Arduino system still flying by the seat of its pants?

...R

For the life of me I cannot understand why this Thread is Titled @username test

This topic was originally in the TEST section of the forum, hence the title. As it is not my topic I will leave it to the other Bob to change it

On the other hand it seems safe to assume that such a description would have been written prior to any programming to give effect to the feature, so copying it here for our benefit would have required very little effort.

One would certainly hope that such a description exists together with test scripts and record of the results of the tests and actions taken to remedy any problems found

The actual documentation behind existing features is waaay beyond my limited powers but should be available in the original SMF documentation for anyone who has a few days to spare.

Also internal logs for work done are beyond my sparse clearance.

I give you all the best I can, when I can and that's enough in my books as everything takes time I can better spend elsewhere.

The last few months have seen many benefits (I hope they are)
More so I think than at any other time.

lets not get bogged down in details please and concentrate more on what we can control for the larger benefit.

I have now documented this in the forum instructions:
https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=710769.msg4775521#msg4775521

Reply #3

I'm sorry for being a PITA but ...

The word "function" has a very specific meaning for Arduino programming and the @username "thing" certainly is not a function.

I suggested "feature" in Reply #13.

...R

@Robin2
Where is it called a function? Can't see it.

PerryBebbington:
@Robin2
Where is it called a function? Can't see it.

In the topic title