Using 2 vc motor and monster motor shield vnh2sp3

Hi guys! newbie here! Yeah I'm currently building a thesis project boat actually a conveyor boat that can collect oil spill in water. My problem is how can I control my boat to make turn (left or right and forward). I am using Arduino Mega. Any help or suggestion will be awesome for me! Thanks! :slight_smile:

A rudder often works quite well for making a boat turn.

You might want to provide a bit more detail of your project. I have no idea what a "vc motor" or a "conveyor boat" are.

Steve

Could you take a few moments to Learn How To Use The Forum.
It will help you get the best out of the forum in the future.

Posting tips.

• Always list the version of the IDE you are using and the board version if applicable.
  • Remember to mention the actual board you are using.
  • How to insert an image into your post. ( Thanks Robin2 )
  • Add your sketch where applicable but please use CODE TAGS ( </> )
  • Add a SCHEMATIC were needed even if it is hand drawn
  • Add working links to any specific hardware as needed (NOT links to similar items)
  • Guessing is not the best way to describe an issue. Actual facts are the most important.
  • Remember that the people trying to help cannot see your problem so give as much information as you can

Hi guys! newbie here! Yeah I’m currently building a thesis project boat actually a mini skimmer boat that can collect oil spill in water.(similar to the first picture). I’m planning to control it using application program in smartphones. But my main problem here is the codes, how can I control my boat to make turn (left or right and forward).

I’m using Arduino Mega.

I’m using two 755 dc motors which I’m going to use as a “water jet pump” to control my skimmer boat.

One more, which motor driver can you guys recommend to me? so that I can able to control the speed of these two motors.
(a) monster motor shield vnh2sp30?
(b) L298N?

any help and suggestion will be awesome! :grin:

I've merged/deleted your other cross-posts @lubut.

Cross-posting is against the rules of the forum. The reason is that duplicate posts can waste the time of the people trying to help. Someone might spend 15 minutes (or more) writing a detailed answer on this topic, without knowing that someone else already did the same in the other topic.

Repeated cross-posting will result in a suspension from the forum.

In the future, please take some time to pick the forum board that best suits the topic of your question and then only post once to that forum board. This is basic forum etiquette, as explained in the sticky "How to use this forum - please read." post you will find at the top of every forum board. It contains a lot of other useful information. Please read it.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

pert:
I've merged/deleted your other cross-posts @lubut.

Cross-posting is against the rules of the forum. The reason is that duplicate posts can waste the time of the people trying to help. Someone might spend 15 minutes (or more) writing a detailed answer on this topic, without knowing that someone else already did the same in the other topic.

Repeated cross-posting will result in a suspension from the forum.

In the future, please take some time to pick the forum board that best suits the topic of your question and then only post once to that forum board. This is basic forum etiquette, as explained in the sticky "How to use this forum - please read." post you will find at the top of every forum board. It contains a lot of other useful information. Please read it.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Thank you and I'm very sorry for a mistake I did due to I don't know how to delete my thread but still thank you for the help :smiley:

lubut:
Hi guys! newbie here! Yeah I'm currently building a thesis project boat actually a mini skimmer boat that can collect oil spill in water.(similar to the first picture). I'm planning to control it using application program in smartphones. But my main problem here is the codes, how can I control my boat to make turn (left or right and forward).

I'm using Arduino Mega.

I'm using two 755 dc motors which I'm going to use as a "water jet pump" to control my skimmer boat.

One more, which motor driver can you guys recommend to me? so that I can able to control the speed of these two motors.
(a) monster motor shield vnh2sp30?
(b) L298N?

any help and suggestion will be awesome! :grin:

Update: I tried to use 775 in L298N motor driver with this code and It didn't work I guess my dc motors is requiring a more voltage to run? I use 12v with 12amps power supply

int motor1_ena = 3;
int motor1_in1 = 4;
int motor1_in2 = 5;
void setup() {
  pinMode( motor1_ena , OUTPUT);
  pinMode( motor1_in1 , OUTPUT);
  pinMode( motor1_in2 , OUTPUT);

digitalWrite( motor1_in1, HIGH);
  digitalWrite( motor1_in2, LOW);

analogWrite( motor1_ena , 200);
}

void loop() {