Using 5 potentiometers

WELL, for now I can nly use one of the pots but the rest of them (4) are already wired in parallel (5V and ground), and the pot I used for testing is correctly read, though the resistance measured from the wiper behaves "badly".

Thank you guys.

Hi;

rva1945: And this seems to get even worse.

So far there is no Arduino board, I'm just wiring the potentiometers. Now I measure 2K between both ends in each pot. At one end, the wiper measures 0K, and 2K at the other end. But in the middle of its travel it reads around 3.2K! So the resistance increases and then decreases from one end to the other, and this has to do with the parallel wiring of the potentiometers.

Sounds a bit suspect. Is this just measuring one pot, on its own out of circuit? Can you post a link to where you got the pots and spec and post picture of the pots. 2K at each end and the wiper sweeps through 3K2 sounds wrong.(You are measuring from one end to the wiper?) Pots should have their value printed/stamped on them. Are you using pots with shafts and knobs, or TRIMPOTs that need a fine screwdriver to adjust? Thanks... Tom.. :)

rva1945: WELL, for now I can nly use one of the pots but the rest of them (4) are already wired in parallel (5V and ground), and the pot I used for testing is correctly read, though the resistance measured from the wiper behaves "badly".

Thank you guys.

It's your mind that is behaving "badly". It's just not understanding how potentiometers work. Nothing that a little education can't fix.

aarg: It's your mind that is behaving "badly". It's just not understanding how potentiometers work. Nothing that a little education can't fix.

C'mon boy, no need for such an aggression. I know it has to do with resistances in parallel and the like.

rva1945: C'mon boy, no need for such an aggression. I know it has to do with resistances in parallel and the like.

No it doesn't. Or it least it wouldn't if it was wired correctly. It's useless continuing this discussion without a schematic. It doesn't have to be a neat computer-generated one like Crossroads posted. Just a pencil sketch photographed with a phone will do.

rva1945: C'mon boy, no need for such an aggression. I know it has to do with resistances in parallel and the like.

Okay, replace the pot that's misbehaving and see what you get.

This has been asked about and answered many times already.

Here is another example: Potentiometers in parallel...

It's a common concern from inexperienced "technicians" with respondents who essentially say " don't worry. You are only changing the total load "resistance" across the power power supply by small amounts."