Using a 20 pin power supply to power 8 servo motors

I’ve been working on a robotic arm recently and I’ve hit a brick wall when it came to powering the servo motors.
I found an old 20 pin power supply and I was wondering are there any no-no’s i should be aware of before starting because I can’t afford damaging any components since it’s hard to get any during this lockdown.
I’m using MG-996R servo motors with arduino uno
I tried connecting the 5V pin of the power supply to a servo which worked fine but when i connected two servos on parallel the power was too low. Also I tried the 12V which surprisingly didn’t burn the servo and the torque was incredibly high, too high actually it broke the the robotic arm’s wrist.
Help please.

If you expect your servos to hold position for any length of time, better keep the voltage to the 6 volts they are designed for.

Paul

nizar8080:
I found an old 20 pin power supply

That is not very informative.

You only need two pins to deliver power. The important thing is the voltage and current, not the number of pins.

...R

BMR.png

OK, silliness aside, tell us more about your power supply.

BMR.png

Robin2:
That is not very informative.

You only need two pins to deliver power. The important thing is the voltage and current, not the number of pins.

...R

I attached a picture, sorry forgot to attach it earlier. I thought all the old pc power supplies had the same outputs of 3.3, 5 and 12 volts

OPs image

This does tell us exactly the info we needed.
Now, do not connect the 12v to the servos.
The 5v looks like it has decent capacity at 12A. Hunt up pinouts for the plugs. The 5 volt standby does not provide nearly the same capacity.

nizar8080:
I thought all the old pc power supplies had the same outputs of 3.3, 5 and 12 volts

This is the first time you have told us it is an old PC power supply.

...R