Using a SD3231 IC by itself, no module?

Hey, I really like the SD3231 clock, but I use it as a module. I cant find any way to use the IC by itself, without the module, so I dont need an extra battery and i could take its power straight from the main circuit's battery. Do you thing its feasable? If it is, is there some place I could learn how to use the IC in a circuit, without the module? thanks!!

DS3231
But why?

1. The modules are very cheap as are the batteries. I always remove the resistor from the charging circuit and use normal batteries.
  2. The battery is for backup so you don’t have to reset the clock on every restart

I just wanted to make a product that only needs one battery, so you dont have to do 2 openings on the casing for changing batteries.

A normal battery on the DS3231 module should last for several years, if you remove the charging resistor on the module. Without that battery, you will have to reset the time every time you change the main battery.

JCSB:
I just wanted to make a product that only needs one battery, so you dont have to do 2 openings on the casing for changing batteries.

All the DS3231 modules that I have seen, will work with no battery as long as they are connected to the power supply (as is the case when it is connected to an Arduino that is on).