Using and ME2-O2 (or ME3-O2) Winser Sensor.

Hello,

For a school project, I'd like to measure the percentage of Oxygen in the air (using some sensor and Arduinos) and, from what I've seen the ME2-O2 sensor is the best, and only, around (I couldn't find any other, if someone know of another better and easier to use sensor, I'd be thankful if you told me).

I've looked around and there are some options that have a little PCB attached (such as this one) and some that don't (such as this one). The PCB-equipped ones are too expensive for me (with shipping they go for about 80$), so, I'd like to use one without a PCB.

My question is, then, how do I use the PCB-less sensors? Can I use the same formulas for getting the Oxygen concentration? If not, which should I use?

I can't find much information about the sensor (outside the one provided).

Here's the wiki page for the ones with the PCB.

Now, if anyone has used the sensor, how does the heating process work, exactly? How much power does it use?

My question is, then, how do I use the PCB-less sensors?

By providing your own PCB for it (it needs a voltage regulator, an op-amp and some resistors and capacitors). Seeed is nice enough to provide complete schematics and pcb layout information for it's products so this should be relatively easy. But I doubt that you get much cheaper by ordering your own PCB for that sensor.

Can I use the same formulas for getting the Oxygen concentration?

If you use the same circuitry: yes.