Using Arduino Esplora with components/breadboard?

Hey,

I was wondering if there was a way to use the esplora with components on a non-solder breadboard. For example, pressing Switch one to make an LED go on an off(not the one built in).

I've done an extensive search on Google and I haven't found much. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Anyone?

Is this even possible to do?

It looks to me like its "tinkerkit" connector/s could be used for what you propose.
At the RadioShack clearance yesterday afternoon, I saw a couple of Esploras hanging on the pegboard.
When I got home, I thought, "Darn, I probably should have grabbed one of those."
(Maybe they still have one.)

They did - $13 out the door (80% Off)

"I've done an extensive search on Google and I haven't found much. Any information would be appreciated."

Your idea of extensive is different from mine.
My very casual inquiry found this, at or near the top --

Oh, I found a lot of stuff using Tinkerkit components, but I was wondering if there was a way without having to purchase anything new. Sorry for not clarifying.

Buy thank you for this link. I will go and look into this more.

chummer1010:
Oh, I found a lot of stuff using Tinkerkit components, but I was wondering if there was a way without having to purchase anything new. Sorry for not clarifying.

"Tinkerkit components" vs. "anything new."
? ?
I don't know what "tinkerkit" is, but you'll need other components (if "anything new" means: something or anything not included in the Esplora's box) - namely that LED you mentioned AND a resistor (let's say 470 ohms), and some wires/jumpers to go between those "tinkerkit" headers and that breadboard (saw those at RadioShack, too.)

I did some searching and it looks like the tinkerkit connectors are mapped to the typical arduino pins so you can get a connector for those and use them.