Using Arduino IDE and Arduino Editor with a clone

Hi all,
So I recently figured out that buying clones wasn't as simple as a plug n' play scenario due to lack of compatibility in software. I have both an Uno clone and a Uno motor shield clone. What special software do I have to download for me to be able to write code from the Arduino Create web page and then run it on my clone?

My setup is:

Board: Amazon.com

Shield: Amazon.com

Thank you.

Probably you don't need to do anything special at all. Is there something that's making you think you would need to download special software?

The 3rd party units that look like Arduinos' have never failed me.
They work mostly just like the original.
You may find that some still have an OLD bootloader but not a problem.

pert:
Probably you don't need to do anything special at all. Is there something that's making you think you would need to download special software?

I think it's just more that I'm unsure how to get my sketch to run while I have my arduino plugged into my computer.

Is there anything special I have to do? Is there a way I can start/stop running my sketch with the push of a button, whether it be a mouse click or a toggle switch?

Do you have experiences with genuine boards that works differently?

Your question makes no sense.

Cheers,
Kari

Normally you just program and Bamm,
the device comes out of reset and your code is dancing.

The same goes for Genuine or Fake/Clone

just try a simple hello world example using the serial port to simply echo something on boot.

void setup(){
  Serial.begin(115200);
  while (!Serial) {    yield();  }
  delay(200);
  Serial.println("Hello");
}

void loop(){}

The particular Arduino Clone you have (an Elegoo 328p-based design) SHOULD be plug-and-play. Can you upload the Blink example, with the board set to "Uno" and the correct port selected? That's the usual starting point. (You should NOT need to find a board package that explicitly supports the "Elegoo 328p")

The motor driver... a problem is that there are many kinds of motor drivers, and it can be challenging for a beginner to match up libraries with a particular board, especially when the board is so poorly documented (no schematic/etc) that you can't tell for sure whether it matches your library or not.
The shield you bought is is probably a standardish L293d motor driver like the (very-well-documented) Adafruit motor shield, and you can probably start with their tutorials. But it might have subtle differences.