Using arduino to control stepper motor with plc integrated

Hello all.
I have some question about my system. the system i use is plc integrated with arduino to control stepper motor. the plc communicate with arduino using rs 485. the arduino will run/stop and origin the stepper motor. the plc just give the instruction to arduino to do the task. can i now if the system have anyone have do? the arduino need to have separate program to do the homing and indexing?

You need to provide a lot more information. I'm not even sure from your description whether the Arduino is between the PLC and the motor or the whether the PLC is between the Arduino and the motor.

We also need

• the technical details of the messages the PLC sends and receives
  • a link to the datasheet for the stepper motor
  • a link to the datasheet for your stepper motor driver
  • details of the motor power supply (volts and amps)
  • any Arduino program code you already have
  • details of what the program actually does, and what it should do
  • and everything else that you know about this project and we do not

...R

thanks for reply..

i using omron cp1e60A plc

stepper motor i using this driver

driver stepper motor

i using arduino mega adk

when sensor detect product in indexer table the plc will give the instruction to arduino to move from origin position to other position. after complete the moving the arduino will sent information to plc state that it finish its process and plc will do other process.

saripdol:
the plc will give the instruction to arduino to move from origin position to other position

You only answered a few of my questions. For example, how are we supposed to know what instruction the PLC sends?

Please answer all the questions.

...R