Using arduino to start a video on a numeric frame

Hi folks,
I would like to make a project where i could start a video on a numeric frame using an arduino.
Where should i start to do this?

Thanks in advance!

Ciao

elbico:
Hi folks,
I would like to make a project where i could start a video on a numeric frame using an arduino.
Where should i start to do this?

Thanks in advance!

Ciao

Sounds more like a OpenCV/Python question instead of an Arduino question. What are your project requirements? What do you want to accomplish?

It is for an escape room. The players place the right rfid card on a sensor, then a relay is starting a video on a photo frame or a computer monitor.

I'd use an Arduino for the RFID interface and then send the corresponding commands to a PC (via USB) running a python script. The python script can then start the video on a specific frame on the monitor.

I have already program my rfid code and it's working fine. The arduino activate a relay from A0 pin. I've never used Python. Do you have some links or hints for me on this one?

thanks a lot

Arduino to Python Example

Once you understand how to interface an Arduino with Python through PySerial, you can use OpenCV for python (module is called CV2) to start a video on a specific frame. I can’t provide a lot of help in terms of OpenCV, but there is plenty of documentation out there to help you out.

Work on it for a while and when you bump into any specific roadblocks you can’t fix, feel free to ask on the forum.