Using Arduino Uno with 12 Volt 12-SMD LED Lights

I'm working on a project that involves wiring multiple sets of LEDs to channels A0 - A5 on my Arduino UNO, and I'm having quite a bit of trouble. I'm pretty new to electronics, and I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on how I could wire my project?

My main troubles stem from my uses of these high powered LEDs, which can be found here: Car 168 194 2825 T10 LED Replacement Light Bulbs — iJDMTOY.com
As the link suggest, they're made for license plates. I'm just using them because they're bright as hell!

Each channel controls three 5mm white LEDs, as well as three of the 12 volt LEDs above, that go off at certain times. I've been able to get everything going fine when I hook up all the 5 mm LEDs to each channel, but I'm having problems when I include the 12 volt LEDs. I think my problem stems from the fact that I can only get 5v out of one arduino pin, plus the fact that I have 6 LEDs going and using up current.

The approach that I figured to do was to move the 12 volt LEDs to a separate power source, and then control them with a switch or a relay. However, I don't even know where to start on something like that. If anyone has any tips or advice, please let me know.

Thanks,

Sean

Thanks for your prompt reply! First: there might be something I forgot to mention. Im using an Adafruit wave shield for the arduino. Not sure if that helps at all.
Second: I’m not that great with circuit diagrams, but I drew a short flow chart of what I’m trying to achieve. I wrote a program that would flash 3.3 volt LEDs on different pins of the shield at different points in time. Then, I was able add other 3.3 volt LEDs in parallel to the ones I had running. What I want to do is add two 12v LEDs to run in parallel to the two 3.3volt LEDs. I just don’t know how I’m going to power them, and how I’m going to hook it up to my basic wiring scheme.

Also, I’m doing this project as an art piece. In the other image, you will see a piece of metal with the two 12v fixtures, and the two 3.3v LEDs. There are several of these towers on my base that I want to light up at different points in time. As you can see, I’ve achieved that on a small scale on my breadboard.

Get yourself a ULN2803, arduino output drives a ULN203 input, output connects LED strip - to Gnd, LED strip + goes to 12V.

Wow! Works like a charm! I can't thank you enough. That was incredibly straight forward. Thank you so much.

Glad to help.