Using Digital Pin as Ground for NC limit switch

Am I correct to think that when I use the digitalWrite function to set a pin to LOW I can use that pin the same as I would use one of the Ground pins?

I have a NC limit switch connected to pins 3 and 4. If I set 3 to INPUT_PULLUP and 4 to OUTPUT. Then digitalWrite (4, LOW). This would be a correct use of pins 3 & 4 for a NC limit swtich?

Am I correct to think that when I use the digitalWritefunction to set a pin to LOW I can use that pin the same as I would use one of the Ground pins?

Maybe but it is a really bad idea. One, the pin can only safely sink 20ma. Two, you're wasting an i/o pin for no reason. Connect the switch between one digital pin and gnd. Set the input pin mode with INPUT_PULLUP and you're done. Lastly, if things get wired wrong and the pin being used as ground is connected to +5, poof, the output pin goes bye-bye.

mjosbesh: digitalWright (4, LOW). This would be a correct use of pins 3 & 4 for a NC limit swtich?

First of all it's digitalWrite(). Humans can handle typos quite well, computers not.

Why would you even be using an IO pin for ground, instead of your regular GND pins?