Using El Capitan

Hello everyone,

I am using:
Mac 10.11.5
Multiple versions of arduino's: authentic uno's and mega' and cheep knock off versions of both.

I know there are many other threads out there and I have gotten lost in the sea of what I am supposed to do. I have recently purchased a new Mac (my old one's hard drive was about to die).

I can get all of my old code to compile but when I try to upload anything including the 'Blink" sketch I get a very crazy error message:

Arduino: 1.6.10 Hourly Build 2016/07/25 05:12 (Mac OS X), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

With all of my searching I am supposed to enable/disable something because Macs did something strange. I am having a difficult time understanding what exactly I am supposed to do to fix this issue. I really need this to work to finish my project.

I am also able to take an arduino with code on it from my old computer and I can see it working in the serial monitor. I do not know of this helps you.

Please and thank you for your time!

CaptainWW:
I get a very crazy error message:

Arduino: 1.6.10 Hourly Build 2016/07/25 05:12 (Mac OS X), Board: “Arduino/Genuino Uno”

That’s not an error message. If there is an error message please post the full console window output using code tags(</> button on the toolbar).

Rather than using the bleeding-edge hourly build you should probably stick with a released version like 1.6.9.

I also recommend you delete or rename "/Users/(username)/Library/Arduino15" because the files left there by other builds may not be compatible with the build you are installing.