Using Firmata AND Normal Coding to perform multiple tasks (MIDI knowledge prefer

I have an interesting conundrum, perhaps.

I am using a Arduino Mega to build a controller pedal that can trigger notes and program changes on an AKAI MPC 1000 and other Midi Devices through attached Midi as well as projections on my computer via USB using VVVV and Firmata.

Basically, at the moment I have programmed the software to do the projections, I have got the firmata working, and now I can trigger projections from the stage.

The difficulty is that when I send a message to the MPC telling it to change from verse to chorus for example, I have it set so that it cues up and after it finishes the bars of that sequence it will make the change. This is also when I want the projections to change, once the mpc has actually changed state, not when I press the button initially to cue it up.

So I am thinking that I need to send midi data to the mpc to cue the program change and then midi data back to the arduino when that happens to trigger the change of state in VVVV.

I am no master at Midi, I currently use it to control 2 different synths on 2 different channels, but I don't know what kind of data the MPC outputs when it changes state like that. As I said I am using firmata to interface but I am assuming that I can add my own code to facilitate the rest? Any clues how I can do this or remarks on this feasibility?

I am using firmata to interface but I am assuming that I can add my own code to facilitate the rest?

You might if you are good at coding but the general opinion here is that firmata is some what of a dead end. If you know enough code to modify firmata, then you know enough to write some proper code.

but I don't know what kind of data the MPC outputs when it changes state like that.

So you need to find out. Look for a MIDI monitor for you PC and look at the data it sends.

The MPC outputs midi program change messages when it changes, so that end of it works fine.

I can work out how to send midi messages to the MPC no problems, and I assume receiving them will be not difficult either, but then how can I interface with VVVV? I was going to just get it to send keystroke messages but found that the Mega doesnt do this (at all?) and then I got firmata working which does everything I need for the projections but which doesnt send the midi messages as it stands.

What is VVVV?

got firmata working which does everything I need for the projections but which doesnt send the midi messages as it stands.

So a strange new use of the word " everything" here.
As I said Firmata is a dead end.

VVVV is a programming environment that is good for making visuals.

My use to the word everything was accurate as i stipulated it does everything i need regarding one aspect of the project but currently does not fulfill the other.

I am here asking for advice as to how to get this project done firmata or no. As you might notice I am a relative newbie and any actual help would be really appreciated.

My use to the word everything was accurate as i stipulated it does everything i need regarding one aspect of the project but currently does not fulfill the other.

Clearly English is not your first language as witnessed by the grammar in that quote. Go and look up the word "everything".

I am here asking for advice as to how to get this project done firmata or no.

The answer to this is no. Please look up the work "no" if you fail to understand what it means.