Using Firmata to Control Digital Pin with VB.NET Button

Firstly, I apologize for such a simple question. I'm quite new to both Arduino and VB.NET. I've searched quite a bit now regarding this topic [perhaps I'm using incorrect jargon?] but I can't seem to find an explanation for this.

What I need to do: Using a Windows Form with a simple button, control a digital pin to operate a dismantled feeder [spins around using a servo].

What I have: it's dismantled and connect to everything on the Arduino correctly [ I can control it using a simple Arduino sketch; servo rotates for 6500 ms or one rotation]. Somehow, it's not working through VB.NET though. Absolutely no rotation or anything.

Public Class Form1
Private Sub Form1_Load(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
FirmataVB1.COMPortName = "COM3"
FirmataVB1.Baud = "57600"
FirmataVB1.Connect()
FirmataVB1.PinMode(6,0)
End Sub

Private Sub Button1_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
FirmataVB1.PinMode(4,1)
Timer1.Interval = 5000 'ms
Timer1.Start()
FirmataVB1.PinMode(6,0)
End Sub

Private Sub Form1_FormClosed(sender As Object, e As FormClosedEventArgs) Handles Me.FormClosed
FirmataVB1.Disconnect()
End Sub

When I click the button, all that happens is the RX LED on the board lights up, nothing else.
Is there something in the code that I'm obviously missing or that is incorrect?

Any help on this would be GREATLY appreciated. &once again, if this is the dumbest question, my apologies! n_n*

Thank you in advance.

What sketch have you running on the Arduino to process these messages you are sending to it using Firmata from your Windows PC ?