I have a sensor network which consist of two xbee s2 connected as a coordinator that receive data read from a sensor by a node. The network is based on Arduino and Xbees are in API 2 mode. Since i want to pause the communication when the coordinator run a certain routine who take 60s to complete (and i dont want to loose packets), i tried to use the RTS pin (for flow control) on coordinator. What happens is:
- i assert RTS on the coordinator so it doesnt send anything over serial
- after sending some packets, node stop to send data.
So my questions are:
- Does the node stop trasmitting because of receiving ACK failure?
- Why there are packets being transmitted from the node with RTS asserted? Is this because it takes some time for the node to see RTS asserted?
- During the assertion of RTS, packets are stored in RF RX buffer or Serial transmit buffer?