Using FM module to send data

Hi,

I already used TEA5767 to receive stream from FM stations. It's really good and works fine. So I was thinking: since this module is so powerful, is it possible to me build a module like this to send data in a very specific frequency (which is not used in my city) so the receiver can read that data?

I am aware of local laws about frequencies... I know. I am just asking. I think it's good using this FM band cause it has greaaaat range.

I think it's good using this FM band cause it has greaaaat range.

I think it's baaad, because it will be illegal.

Here in brazil the only thing illegal is being an honest person, like I am. Everything else is legal, unfortunatelly.

Google 'FM bugs'

\o/ @123Splat that worked :slight_smile: Many things to study know. tHANK YOU.

I was reading some links of google and I found this http://www.instructables.com/id/The-Ultimate-FM-Transmitter/

I ask you: is it easy to make this transmitter double its range? Or x10 range? What parts of this transmitter should I change?

Change the 9V battery for a start :smiley:

batata004:
I was reading some links of google and I found this http://www.instructables.com/id/The-Ultimate-FM-Transmitter/

I ask you: is it easy to make this transmitter double its range? Or x10 range? What parts of this transmitter should I change?

If you 'boost' this transmitter how are you going to measure and be sure your not causing interferance on other nearby frequencies, do you know how to do that ?

Its a general problem with 'boosting' RF signals, it can have very unpleasant side effects.

In any case, wideband broadcast FM is a very inefficient way of sending data, there are far better ways, for a similar cost.

"Here in brazil the only thing illegal is being an honest person, like I am." interesting,,, implies elsewise, but interesting...

Barring GOOD radio practices, More power means more range (sometimes), more interference (almost always), and usually, more pissed off neighbors.

can be done with more power out of the final (most 'bugs' don't have one, so substitute 'mixer') and better antennae design. can be done, but bad idea. try improving performance of the receiver, if you gotta go this way.

Reread srnet's last sentence and go back to Google....

Yeap, thanks :slight_smile:

FM radio transmitters operate with output powers of many kilowatts, which is why their range is good.
The receiver has next to nothing to do with the range.
You wont be able to make a hi power FM transmitter so forget this idea.