Using HC-05 Bluetooth

Hi every one,

Can i use hc-05 bluetooth(master) module to read RSSI of another 3 hc-05 modules(slaves) in same time without pairing between master & slave ?

thanks for your help

I've no idea. What happened when you tried?

...R

Robin2:
I’ve no idea.
What happened when you tried?

…R

Dear Robin2,

I want make an indoor positioning system, which require to read RSSI of bluetooth module, my question is can i read the signal strength from more than one bluetooth module in same time without pairing to these modules ?

thanks

As far as I know RSSI is useless for positioning.

But you did not say whether you have tried to read the RSSI without pairing?

...R

Dear Robin2,

I want use 3 bluetooth modules and read RSSI from them then estimate the range. Yes i want to read RSSI without pairing.

thanks for your support

ahmedfaeq: I want use 3 bluetooth modules and read RSSI from them then estimate the range. Yes i want to read RSSI without pairing.

Did you understand any of my replies. Why have you not answered my question?

...R

Robin2: Did you understand any of my replies. Why have you not answered my question?

...R

Dear Robin2,

I have three HC-05 bluetooth modules (1,2 & 3) and i want to read RSSI of two modules (1&2) by using the third module (3) without pairing any of these modules, i follow the examples of reading RSSI but it is consider that modules should be paired first then reading RSSI, is there any way to read RSSI without pairing ? how ?

Thanks a lot my friend Robin2

ahmedfaeq: I have three HC-05 bluetooth modules (1,2 & 3) and i want to read RSSI of two modules (1&2) by using the third module (3) without pairing any of these modules, i follow the examples of reading RSSI but it is consider that modules should be paired first then reading RSSI,

It has taken 6 replies plus your original post to get this important information.

Next thing we need is a link to wherever you got the example code and the opinion that the modules should be paired first.

Also, have you actually tried the example code?

...R

I follow this link http://arduinofy.blogspot.com.tr/2013/10/tutorial-programming-hc-05-at-mode-with.html

Have you read the linked PDF document that lists all the commands?

As far as I can see the command 30. Inquire Bluetooth device will give details, including RSSI for all nearby devices.

I'm not sure why I'm the one who has to do the hard work?

However, as I said in Reply #3, my understanding is that RSSI is not reliable enough to use for location purposes.

...R

Sure, i read the bluetooth AT Instructions and try to use the commands:

at+class=0\r\n at+inqm=1,9,48\r\n

but it doesn't work.

I agree with you that the use RSSI is not reliable enough, but we try to estimate the location with acceptable error range.

Thanks

ahmedfaeq: but it doesn't work.

This must be the least informative sentence that regularly makes its appearance on the Forum.

If you want help you MUST provide information that I can use. You could easily have said, in your first post, "I have 3 HC-05 bluetooth modules, I want to read the RSSI values, I believe this instruction should provide the data, I have tried it using this code, and this is the output I got" Then we might have solved the problem by Reply #4.

Post the code that you used to try this and the output that you achieved. AND provide every other piece of relevant info that you have.

...R

This is my code

#include <SoftwareSerial.h> 

#define bt_power 7
#define bt_key_power 8
#define indication_led 13

SoftwareSerial BT(A0, A1); // RX | TX

void setup()
{

pinMode(bt_power, OUTPUT);  
  pinMode(bt_key_power, OUTPUT);
  pinMode(indication_led, OUTPUT);

digitalWrite(bt_power, LOW);
  digitalWrite(bt_key_power, LOW);
  digitalWrite(indication_led, LOW);

digitalWrite(bt_key_power, HIGH);

delay(100);

Serial.begin(9600);

BT.begin(38400);

// process complete turn on led 13
  digitalWrite(indication_led, HIGH);

// Send an "AT" command to the AT (without quotes)
  // if response is OK, then we are connected
  // and ready to program the BT module
 }

void loop()
{
    BT.write("class=0\r\n"); 
    BT.write("inqm=1,9,48\r\n"); 

if (BT.available())
    Serial.write(BT.read());

}

ahmedfaeq: This is my code

If you are not going to provide all the information without me needing to ask for it piece by piece, I am not going to help any more. You are now on your last chance.

As well as your code I asked you to say what output you got when you tried the code - but you said nothing about that.

I've tried the code you posted and it won't even compile - what good is that for testing anything ?

Over to you - to provide every piece of information you have in your next reply.

...R

The code is compile fine (i attache the picture of compiling), but it print only Ok in serial terminal of arduino software.

ahmedfaeq: The code is compile fine (i attache the picture of compiling), but it print only Ok in serial terminal of arduino software.

I still have the code that I downloaded from your Reply #12 before I wrote Reply #13 and it does NOT compile. You updated the code in Reply #12 after my comment (look at the timestamps) - presumably to make me look like a fool.

It's not the best way to encourage people to help you.

Do you know whether your bluetooth modules can operate as master or slave or only as slave. I did some experimenting with my module and discovered it is slave-only and cannot get the RSSI.

Have you changed your module into command mode?

As far as I can see all the information you need is in the PDF that is referenced in the Blog you mentioned.

...R

UP

ahmedfaeq: UP

? ? ? ?

...R

Dear Robin2,

I sent an email to this company “http://www.electronica60norte.com/” (one of the hc05 manufacturer) and they pointed me to their pdf that contains some notes i would like to share it with you.

Thanks a lot for your effort and guidance

newBluetooth.pdf (450 KB)

ahmedfaeq: i would like to share it with you.

Thanks

...R