USING HEARTBEAT SENSOR TO SENSE THE POSSIBLE ABUSE

Hi. I have my final year project about the protection device against the possible abuse.The abuse is focus on the elderly abuse. I use the heartbeat sensor as my arduino input. If the heartbeat reaches a certain value, the buzzer will sound. However, the elder may have this heartbeat because of others reason and if it is the real abuse, the device may not so effective. So, I would like to ask if there is any idea that can improve this device.

Thank you.

PS: SORRY FOR SENDING THE TOPIC AT THE WRONG FORUM.

One thing to note is that as you get very old the range of heart rates reduces ( min to max) , it may also be hard to distinguish, as you imply, between a slap and Carol Vordaman on Countdown .

You need to do the research around Heart rate in old folks, the effect of stimuli on heart rate- then you will know what you have to detect.

First of all, thank you for replying me.

I have done some research on the normal heart rate for the old folks. It is the range of 60-100 bpm but it may reduce with age. Some of the factors, like Tachycardia and Bardycardia may affect the heart rate. Tachycardia has a faster heart rate, which is faster than 100bpm and Bradycardia has a slower heart rate, which is slower than 60 bpm. So, if I program my arduino to sound when the heart rate sensor sense the hear rate is out of this range, is that ok ??

The visual and auditory stimuli may also increase the heart rate, but i could not find out the exact value...And the value may be within the range of the heart rate...

So, I would like to ask the program of arduino. Can I put my arduino product to sound when the heart rate has a rapid change or the idea that I wrote in second paragraph??