I a have a project in mind and I would like some pointers. Here are my project requirements for the alarm clock I want to build
- Displays time in large digits.
- Set time automatically through wifi connection by pinging internet server every x hours and on startup
- Allows user to set two alarms
- Has two additional displays with count down timer to each alarm going off these can be driven by regular large 7 segment displays
- Alarm should be set using numerical keypad entry in 24 hour format with a toggle switch to point to which alarm you are setting
- User should either wake to the alarm, built in fm radio or to pre recorded messages (I have an text to speech sound module I want to try out)
I know this is overkill for an alarm clock I have an intel Galileo with an blue tooth wifi card in it with an SD mini card. I was thinking for the large led display given I can read a standard alarm clock when I touch it without my glasses on the I would use an series of either 5mm LEDs or an led display grid.
I am just playing round with proof of concept with my intel Galileo board. Ant suggestions as to wether the Galileo can handle these requirements would be great. I am also looking to pointers on the best alarm clock and countdown displays in addition to an fm receiver. I was thinking about having the whole thing if need be being made up by modular units that can communicate via the master Galileo board. Any suggestions would be much appreciated