Using IO with servo controller shield

Hey!

My current project is an automated lego car factory that uses an arduino R3 and a servo controller shield. Here's a video if you want to check it out. It functions well and all, but I want to be able to controll it with a button or two, since the only way to do that now is to plug/unplug the cable or to click the restart button on the arduino.

The shield is the one from this video and here's the link to where I bought it from.

How am I supposed to use the input ports?

One theory I have right now is to solder on these connectors (male thingies?) so that I can attach wires and what not on them.

|500x375 |375x500

What do you think?

Thankful for all answers. //Eophex

Can't say without seeing a schematic of the board.

Eophex: How am I supposed to use the input ports?

Yes, a problem when you use a shield and you don't know which pins are uses and you can't solder.

A PCA9685 breakout board would have been better. That shield you linked to uses the same chip for the servos (and has an additional motor driver). Leo..

@outsider No manual or papers what so ever were included and I've yet to find anything online. On the shield is the site "doit.am" but it's a chinese website that didn't really help.

@Wawa

From the video:

For the use of Arduino IO you need to solder of the female header [...] The shield use digital input D6, D7, D11 and D12

There are numbers for the DI on the shield and only the four above aren't there. Soldering the 6 male connectors placed from DI0 to DI5 to their respective pin might just solve the problem. What do you think?

Eophex: No manual or papers what so ever were included and I've yet to find anything online.

Try this page.

The servo chip is only using the SCA/SCL (A4/A5) pins. Only the brushed DC motor driver chip must be using the above mentioned pins. Leo..