Using LQ065T5CGQ1 TFT-LCD

Howdy,

I was given a few of these LCD’s, and I thought it would be fun to create a project with them.
Then I remembered I have no idea how to use an LCD.

Most of the libraries I’ve seen are using SPI, which I assume communicates with the LCD driver, which does all the heavy lifting for displaying on the LCD.

I’m having a hard time locating a driver that would work for this LCD, and I was hoping I could get pushed in the right direction here.

This was the first place I thought of for this project, if you know a better place I should ask I would appreciate it.

sharp LQ065T5CGQ1 datasheet.pdf (1.2 MB)

Hi LordZZT
It seems that no one has ever tried to use one of those displays with an Arduino. So you will have to figure out everything by yourself - what looks like a very exciting project! :smiley:

You can try some basic stuff and try to get some result. To begin with, power the display (pins 9 and 10, probably 11), choose a video mode (pins 21, 22, 23), applying some backlight (pin 18).
Then go further and try to print something on it. As there are H-sync, V-sync and R G B inputs, it may be (or maybe not) similar to a VGA display, so try using the VGA library. One example here.

Tell us about your progress, it would be very interesting!

This topic was automatically closed after 55 days. New replies are no longer allowed.