Using microphone in as virtual display(ish?) (may sound stupid)

I had no idea if i should have put this in the displays or sound category, but here we are.

I didnt have a way to display a composite signal from my arduino on my monitor and i didnt want do display it on my tv, so i was thinking if i could use my microphone in port as one. i have a device with an RCA input for microphone and i was thinking if i could use some program that converts sound into video if i were to use that port as a video port for my arduino.

I am sorry to say the microphone port does not speak composite signal. Maybe you best re-think your question and add some details. This response is to help you get started in solving your problem, not solve it for you. Good Luck & Have Fun! Gil

When I was a boy with a lot to learn about electronics I connected my TV aerial to the microphone input of my tape recorder. To my disappointment I was not able to record any TV programmes. Now I know why; the amount of information, or 'bandwidth' required for even poor quality video, is way more than that needed for recording audio. Audio and video signals are very, very different.

Yes, you probably can get low quality video through a channel designed for audio, but doing so is not easy.

Yes, it is known as SSTV, Slow Scan TeleVision. Black levels are represented by different audio tones.

Basically SSTV uses analog frequency modulation, in which every different value of brightness in the image gets a different audio frequency. In other words, the signal frequency shifts up or down to designate brighter or darker pixels, respectively. Color is achieved by sending the brightness of each color component (usually red, green and blue) separately.

Sync is 1100 to 1300 Hz; channel information SSTV uses analog frequency modulation, in which every different value of brightness in the image gets a different audio frequency. In other words, the signal frequency shifts up or down to designate brighter or darker pixels, respectively. Color is achieved by sending the brightness of each color component (usually red, green and blue) separately.

Sync is 1100 to 1300 Hz; channel information is 1500 to 2300 Hz. There is a lot of information available in the radio armatures handbook and other sources.

The OP has no credibility for ever following up on any posts.

If (s)he were to be serious in this matter, a full description of what is actually proposed would avoid wasting the time of benevolent responders. :roll_eyes: