Using motor as a signal receiver to turn on the music

Hi everyone, I'm an Arduino beginner and I'm working on the project for music player toy car that can turn on music after a single push. However, I don't know how to do it but I came up with the idea of using motor as a signal receiver to send the signal to the Arduino board to turn on the music. Please help

What do you need help with?

Paul

More details including project description, drawings, photos, data sheets of components ... would help us help you.

Hi I want to use the motor as signal receiver to send the signal back to the Arduino board to play the sound after each time it rotates but I don’t know how please help. Sorry I’m a beginner so I don’t know that much about Arduino

Could you use an Opto-interrupter? if you attached something to the motor shaft that would interrupt the beam being passed between a light source and a light detector, you would be able to detect every rotation of the motor.

What motor is that? What is causing it to rotate? What sort of sound? What is going to play it? We're going to need a lot more detailed information about what components you're using.

BTW transmitters SEND signals, receivers RECEIVE a signal sent by a transmitter.

Steve

It's the one mentioned in the duplicate thread:

Duplicate topics moved and merged

Cross-posting is against the rules of the forum. The reason is that duplicate posts can waste the time of the people trying to help. Someone might spend 15 minutes (or more) writing a detailed answer on this topic, without knowing that someone else already did the same in the other topic.

Repeated cross-posting will result in a timeout from the forum.

In the future, please take some time to pick the forum board that best suits the topic of your question and then only post once to that forum board. This is basic forum etiquette, as explained in the sticky "How to use this forum - please read." post you will find at the top of every forum board. It contains a lot of other useful information. Please read it.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Paul_KD7HB:
What do you need help with?

Paul

Hi Paul I planned to build a toy car to donate for the children home that can play music by itself after it was being pushed. Here is my components list that I did the research so far: 9v battery, arduino uno, amplifier, small speaker, a motor, and gears. my plan is after the children push the car, the axles will rotate with the motor and the board will turn on the music after the motor was rotated

A toy car motor will act as a generator when pushed and if you do some simple signal conditioning you can use that to start the music.

hellomynameis:
Hi Paul I planned to build a toy car to donate for the children home that can play music by itself after it was being pushed. Here is my components list that I did the research so far: 9v battery, arduino uno, amplifier, small speaker, a motor, and gears. my plan is after the children push the car, the axles will rotate with the motor and the board will turn on the music after the motor was rotated

Does the motor have permanent magnets? Otherwise you won't get much voltage from the motor. Does the motor have brushes? Otherwise you won't get any voltage from the motor movement.
Assume the motor has permanent magnets and has brushes, use your digital volt meter to measure the output voltage of the motor to determine what it produces when you spin the armature.
Paul

Place a small magnet on some rotating part and sense its on/off state with a nearby Hall switch. Hall switch triggers Arduino input.