Using MP3 Player Shield

Right now I have several window switches wired into my computer keyboard. Then I have a program running assigning each key to a wav file so when a window or door is opened a wav file will play telling me what window was opened. It would be nice to clean that all up with the above plus I would not have to have a computer running all the time. So can I have several folders on the sd card then assign each folder to a pin (input) and then play only one of the files in that folder randomly Thanks rick

I don't understand the connection between the arduino and wave files. Are you leaving something out ? To clarify, I understand the connection as long as you are emulating a keyboard and your PC is playing the wave files. My question pertains to the scenario where your computer is completely powered off.

the scenery I have now I leave my computer on all the time I would like to use the mp3 shield connected to an arduino and program it to play wav or mp3 files. I'm assuming I can do that my question is can i play random files from a particular folder on the SD card

my question is can i play random files from a particular folder on the SD card

Yes.

Thanks