Using multiple ESC on arduino mega

Hi all, I am a newbie to arduino and microcontrollers. I am planning to make a rc plane with four ducted fans( a fan unit with a brushless motor at its heart). It is simply a brushless motor which rotates a fan. I have seen videos on youtube on how to control brushless motor speed with esc and using arduino boards. I want to know weather the esc will draw any current from the board. I want to connect 4 brushless motors with ESC on 4 different PWM ports. How should i connect 4 ESCs? Should i simply connect all the power ports together and all the ground ports together and connect to arduino's power and ground pin respectively and the signal ports in different PWM pins. Will doing it fry my board. If yes then what is the correct method.

It's quite simple. You treat the ESC's like Servo's.

If your ESC's have a built-in BEC or SBEC and the output voltage is maximum 5.5V, you can power your Arduino trough one of the ESC's as well - usually they will have a 6V-output so check this first, before destroying your Arduino. 6V is not enough for the Raw-pin(DC-in-jack)

In either configuration, you connect the black wire (GND) to Arduino's GND, and you connect the signal-wire to an Arduino output, set in your code.

Do not connect the third power-pin, unless you want to power your Arduino this way.

// Per.

I simply want o know will the ECS draw current from my board if use a power source ohter then the BEC from the ESC.

Divyansh_Chahar:
I simply want o know will the ECS draw current from my board if use a power source ohter then the BEC from the ESC.

They will not draw current. Simple as that.

The signal from Arduino is a logic-level signal, and only a few mA is taken from the Arduino.

// Per.

If the ESCs are cheap I'd advise adding some protection, perhaps a 2k2 resistor
in series with the logic signal. I had one explode (cheap from eBay), so I don't trust
them very much!

The Servo library can drive any pin and upto 12 servos/ESCs on the Uno. It does
take over timer1 though, so you can't use PWM on pins 9 and 10, or the Timer1
library.