Using my MM to read the power draw

My pro Mini's FINALLY arrived. I guess the sellers where partying the New Year.

I cut the trace to the power LED and in sleep mode, and with my MM in series it shows a draw of .257 with the MM dial on 2M.

What is that in mA? I don't really understand the dial that goes from 200u to 10 and how to use it.

Post a picture of the reading/dial setting.

"My pro Mini's FINALLY arrived" Where did you buy them from? How are you powering them?

I'll try and answer all of your queries at once:

I bought them from eBay.

Here is my connection to GND and RAW using 8AA in series (I'm going to power a 12V motor, which is pretty forgiving and will work at 9V as well):

|500x375

And here is the MM:

|375x500

Yeah, I guess I would read that as 0.257mA, which is also 257ua. If you change to the 20m scale, you might see a reading of 0.26.

Why is the dial in 2's instead of 1's

The display can display a maximum of 1.999 (there is no space to display a 2 or 9 in the most significant digit). So the range is 2, 20, 200 etc.

That's interesting.

I'm following this article and for the 3.3V he's getting .0541mA.

I thought sleep is sleep? I'm off by a factor of 5

Did you do step 3, remove the voltage regulator?

No, but he didn't either and got .0541mA according to his chart

FutureTense: That's interesting.

I'm following this article and for the 3.3V he's getting .0541mA.

I thought sleep is sleep? I'm off by a factor of 5

In the article you linked to, the author used a 9V battery. You're using 12V.

There are always going to be variations between individual devices, especially when clones/copies might be involved.

If you can buy 5 ProMinis for $8.72, then the manufacturers aren't going to be using the highest standard components, screened for the lowest current are they?

I'm surprised it's working without the headers soldered to the board. Leo..

JohnLincoln: In the article you linked to, the author used a 9V battery. You're using 12V.

There are always going to be variations between individual devices, especially when clones/copies might be involved.

If you can buy 5 ProMinis for $8.72, then the manufacturers aren't going to be using the highest standard components, screened for the lowest current are they?

I used a 9V with the same exact readings.