Using OO with arduino

The answer is probably somewhere on the internet, but I couldn't find the right answer or tutorial.

I'm a noob with arduino, but I've got some skills in c# programing, now is my question if I can somehow use c# OO to control the arduino board?

Thanks for your time

Define "control" if you mean to write programs which run on the Arduino - then no! Design programs which run on the Arduino using OO - then yes as the IDE uses C/C++.

Mark

Thanks mark,

I googled for an hour and found this:

This is actually just what I was looking for! Except that I don't know how to use that. I have Visual Studio installed but I don't know how to connect those 2

Thanks

All that's going on here is that there's a C# program communicating with the Arduino using a serial port. You can write something to run on the PC in your language of choice and send commands over serial to an arduino in this way. Then at the arduino end, you need a sketch that parses the incoming serial data and acts as you wish.

In this case, you're free to use all features of C# on the PC end and any C++ constructs you desire on the arduino.

Aaah, thats just what I needed.

To do so, the arduino always has to be connected to the computer (but that's not a problem since its just a school project)

It depends what you mean by "connected" - the USB cable cound be replaced by an RF link, Bluetooth, InfraRed or whatever else took your fancy...