Using plugins to simulate hardware

Hi,

I was testing some Fast LED circuits and IR Remote with my son, and we coded a program that works well (thanks to you for the BlinkWithoutDelay tips :) ).

Because my son returned all electronic hardware stuff to his school, is there any way to continue testing the Arduino program with some code replacment or plugin ?

(example : a plugin that emulates the IR Remote and FastLED)

Regards

Teaching them young!

I haven't heard of any plugins (Called Libraries in arduino) but if you're down for a challenge, you can create your own!

Now I'm not entirely sure on your project but I assume it's controlling LED strips via an IR Remote.

Do some research into classes

you can then give your Class (IRRemote) properties.

By properties I mean values and functions you can tie to it!

If you provide more information about how you have been using it, im sure I can get round to creating something basic for you to play with.

Sorry I couldn't be more help!

If you need more information just ask.

If he is interested, Arduinos are not expensive. Replace the kit he had from school and let him continue learning.

Romonaga: If he is interested, Arduinos are not expensive. Replace the kit he had from school and let him continue learning.

IMHO that is the best advice.

Writing software to mimic hardware is far from trivial and it is almost impossible to mimic the uncertainties associated with real hardware - such as getting the wiring wrong, which happens all the time.

...R

Thank you Styril for your suggestion, but I think Robin2 is right... I was expecting plugins which simulates the exact (or near) behavior (such as latence, or internal parameters). :confused:

The delay for him is short, he has only 2 days to validate his program... so it was the reason I was looking for such a plugin. (the program works for 90% so it ok)

Anyway, if nextly he realizes that he loves electronic and Arduino stuff, of course I would buy it... (but I'm not sure he does...)

Thank you for your advices