Using PowerSwitch Tail Relay

I have a PowerSwitch Tail type relay and it has 3 inputs (Vcc, Ctrl and GND) If I wanted to connect a arduino with a blinking led sketch, but wanted to use a house lamp instead of an LED what should be my positive from the Arduino pin to the PowerSwitch Tail, Vcc or Ctrl, why are there 3 inputs?

Well, I think I've figured this one out. I basically want to send 5v on the Arduino to VCC and Gnd back to Arduino (obviously) and use a arduino pin to set a HIGH or LOW state through CTRL. Does this sound correct? Any other considerations to take into account?

ericscheidt: Well, I think I've figured this one out. I basically want to send 5v on the Arduino to VCC and Gnd back to Arduino (obviously) and use a arduino pin to set a HIGH or LOW state through CTRL. Does this sound correct? Any other considerations to take into account?

That sounds right to me. You want to supply your relay with enough current though. If you have the "original" powerswitch tail, then you need to supply 40mA to switch the relay. This means you will need a transistor on the output pin to supply enough current. If you have the newer model, then it only needs a few mA to turn it on.

Plenty of documentation at: www.powerswitchtail.com