Using RadioHead library to send signal via 433mhz rf rx and tx

I’ve seen a lot of projects in which text is sent through 433mhz rf rx and tx modules but I haven’t seen actual HIGH/LOW signals being sent.

Is it possible to send a signal from the 433mhz rf transmitter to the receiver with the help of Radio Head library so a buzzer is sounded?
If so, how?

Basically, What I’m trying to do is have a Arduino Uno connected to a HC-sr501 PIR Motion Sensor and when a motion is detected, then it sends a signal through a transmitter.
On the other hand the signal is received by a receiver connected to another Arduino Uno which sounds a buzzer.
I’ve tried to send text through these rx/tx modules and it worked just fine but I can’t figure out how to replace the text with a buzzer so…

Maybe a more experienced person could help kick start my engine? :wink:
Thanks in advance!!!

Edit: This is the code for the text I transmitted

// Include RadioHead Amplitude Shift Keying Library
#include <RH_ASK.h>
// Include dependant SPI Library 
#include <SPI.h> 

// Create Amplitude Shift Keying Object
RH_ASK rf_driver;

void setup()
{
    // Initialize ASK Object
    rf_driver.init();
}

void loop()
{
    const char *msg = "Hello World";
    rf_driver.send((uint8_t *)msg, strlen(msg));
    rf_driver.waitPacketSent();
    delay(1000);
}[code/]

Send a message, single character if you like, that turns the buzzer on or off. I suggest '1' for on, and '0' for off.

Need some smarts on both ends. Like a Promini on the send side to recognize the condition is met to send a signal, and then create a message to send out via the Tx module.

jremington:
Send a message, single character if you like, that turns the buzzer on or off. I suggest '1' for on, and '0' for off.

In a Variable? Or a msg?

Yes, or just

void loop()
{
    if(digitalRead(PIR_input) == HIGH)  rf_driver.send((uint8_t *)'1',1); //send ASCII character for 1
    else rf_driver.send((uint8_t *)'0',1);  //else send ASCII character for 0

rf_driver.waitPacketSent();
    delay(1000);
}

Could you add comments explaining your code; I'm a little new to 'Radio Head' .

Done.

If you are still having trouble, we strongly recommend that you start by working through some of the basic examples that come with Arduino.

That will help you learn the programming language, the special features of the Arduino, and avoid endless frustration.

If you are still having trouble, we strongly recommend that you start by working through some of the basic examples that come with Arduino.

I've just done an Arduino Course so I was testing my skills with this project.

I was having trouble with the Radio Head library, but you cleared that up so - Thanks?

Hopefully I can complete my project without too many hassles now. :wink: