Using Serial function in externally created libraries

I am trying to write a library that uses Serial.println. I include Arduino.h at the top but I still get the ‘Serial’ undeclared (first use in this function) response. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Here is a snippet of my code:
<
#include “xbee.h”
#include “Arduino.h”

void transRequestAll(char parameter){
uint16_t sum;
Serial.println(0x7E,HEX);
Serial.println(0x0,HEX);
Serial.println(0x0F,HEX);

Serial.println(0x10,HEX);
Serial.println(0x01,HEX);

Serial.println(0x0,HEX);
Serial.println(0x0,HEX);
Serial.println(0x0,HEX);
Serial.println(0x0,HEX);
Serial.println(0x0,HEX);
Serial.println(0x0,HEX);
Serial.println(0xFF,HEX);

Serial.println(0xFE,HEX);

Serial.println(0x0,HEX);
Serial.println(0x0,HEX);

Serial.println(parameter,HEX);

sum = 0x10 + 0x01 + 0x0 + 0x0 + 0x0 + 0x0 + 0xFF + 0xFF + 0xFF + 0xFE + parameter;
Serial.println(0xFF - (sum & 0xFF),HEX);
Serial.println("\r");
}>

Here is a snippet of my code:

Here is a snippet of my answer: You need to ed...

This is the code I want to use for the library. It is similar to a library I use to program AVR's without the Arduino ide. For the AVR's I was suing a uart library I have put together. For the Arduino I was wanting to use Arduino's serial library instead of my uart library. When I try to run my program in Arduino that uses my library I tried to modify for the Arduino ide it will not go past the include file portion. It says: "'Serial' undeclared (first use in this function)". I really do not know what "You need to ed..." means. Are they asking for more information. I called a snippet just because I left out two other functions that were similar to the function already described. This is the very first question I have asked here.

soilyjay: This is the code I want to use for the library. It is similar to a library I use to program AVR's without the Arduino ide. For the AVR's I was suing a uart library I have put together. For the Arduino I was wanting to use Arduino's serial library instead of my uart library. When I try to run my program in Arduino that uses my library I tried to modify for the Arduino ide it will not go past the include file portion. It says: "'Serial' undeclared (first use in this function)". I really do not know what "You need to ed..." means. Are they asking for more information. I called a snippet just because I left out two other functions that were similar to the function already described. This is the very first question I have asked here.

9 times out of 10 the problem is not in posted snippets. Please read the how to threads pinned to the top of the list, and you will see how to get help quickly.

Are they asking for more information.

We can not reproduce your problem based on snippets. Post ALL of your code if you want help.

It turns out I was using a .c file for my library instead of a .cpp file. It works now.