Using servo knob with digital brushless servos

Is there anything special I need to know when using the servo knob example with digital servos? Are there any special considerations I need to take? I am using an Arduino mega to control 3 analog and 2 digital servos. I am using a shield I got on ebay which seems to be working just fine.

The main problem with the servo examples is they often drive servos past their physical limit.

If by "digital servo" you mean the normal hobby kind, then there isn't a difference in how they're controlled. There are lots of "servos" which require a specific communication protocol. You'd need to tell us what servos you're using to answer the question accurately.

I'm using Hi-Tec digital brushless HSB-9380TH

windu34:
I'm using Hi-Tec digital brushless HSB-9380TH

That servo should use the same control pulses as other hobby servos but I found the following notice about powering those servos.

June 2014: Brushless Servo Service Bulletin
While compatible with most radio control devices, the regenerative braking feature of the HSB-9XXX series servos may cause a problem if the device cannot accept a backflow of current. The types of devices that cannot accept this backflow are: Voltage Regulators, Power Safe Receivers and certain BEC circuits whether stand alone or integrated within an Electronic Speed Control. Check with the manufacturer or the Hitec website for a list of compatible models. If your device cannot accept a current backflow, then you must install a PAD (Power Absorbing Device - Hitec PN# 55756) as described in this manual. A PAD is included with every Hitec brushless servo.

It looks like you need to power those servos directly from a battery or use one of their "PAD" gizmos. If you're powering the servos from an ESC's BEC, it could damage the regulator on the ESC.

ok thanks