using SIM900 GSM/GPRS SHIELD

HI guys ....

I'm new here , i hope I can find to my problem in this forum ...

I'm using SIM900 GSM/GPRS SHIELD FOR ARDUINO with arduino uno , and I want to program the arduino

to print out the signal strength on serial monitar.

any one can help me ????? any one have any thoughts ???

thank you ..

and I want to program the arduino

to print out the signal strength on serial monitar.

Have you looked at the list of AT commands for your device? Which one gets the signal strength value? Why do you ASSume that there IS such a command?

Just use a 'serial relay' sketch (Google is your friend) and then consult the SIM900 AT Command set for the signal strength command.

PaulS:
Have you looked at the list of AT commands for your device? Which one gets the signal strength value? Why do you ASSume that there IS such a command?

yes the command is "AT+CSQ" , the problem is how can I use this command on the serial monitor and how to get its response ?

dannable:
Just use a 'serial relay' sketch (Google is your friend) and then consult the SIM900 AT Command set for the signal strength command.

what is the " serial relay " ? and how it can help me ?

What did Google tell you?

dannable:
What did Google tell you?

Is it a hardware or what ?

Hi guys ..

I working on arduino uno with sim900 gprs/gsm shield for arduino ..

I want to read the signal strength from the shield by using the AT commands on the serial monitor .

the command is "AT+CSQ"

any help pleas ????

It's a piece of software that runs on the Arduino which sends input from the serial monitor to a device connected by SoftwareSerial, and relays any response from that device back to Serial Monitor.

Yes, don't crosspost.

If the at commands require a carrage return/line feed at the end, then you need to turn this on in the serial monitor.

Hi

Download my SIM800 prototype application in the file GSM_TEST.INO within the PUBLIC directory/folder on the SD Card web page on the website http://2wg.co.nz/

If you can get that code running you will find that you can enter SIM800 (900) AT commands directly into the Arduino serial monitor (including AT+CSQ) and the application will print the SIM800 (900) GSM module response to the Arduino serial monitor.

You can send the same commands via text message to the phone number assigned to the SIM800 (900) GSM module (assuming the module is on the network) and you will get the response from your text message command back by text message.

Make sure your SIM900 module is on the GSM network - it cannot be powered by an Arduino board - you need a 2 AMP power supply.

You may also need to install an interface converter between your Arduino's 5.0V serial interface and the SIM900's likely 2.8V serial interface.

Cheers

Catweazle NZ

CatweazleNZ:
Hi

Download my SIM800 prototype application in the file GSM_TEST.INO within the PUBLIC directory/folder on the SD Card web page on the website http://2wg.co.nz/

If you can get that code running you will find that you can enter SIM800 (900) AT commands directly into the Arduino serial monitor (including AT+CSQ) and the application will print the SIM800 (900) GSM module response to the Arduino serial monitor.

You can send the same commands via text message to the phone number assigned to the SIM800 (900) GSM module (assuming the module is on the network) and you will get the response from your text message command back by text message.

Make sure your SIM900 module is on the GSM network - it cannot be powered by an Arduino board - you need a 2 AMP power supply.

You may also need to install an interface converter between your Arduino's 5.0V serial interface and the SIM900's likely 2.8V serial interface.

Cheers

Catweazle NZ

first thank you for reading my post and for your replay ..

you DID say that this code is for GSM800 is that wouldn't be a problem when trying to use it with GSM900 ??

the second problem is with the shield that I'm using ,,it doesn't have an independent power port .