Using the On-board BLE

Good Morning,
what library do we need in order to use the on-board BLE?
Cheers

Hi @TkwAnderson,

At the moment there is no Bluetooth support on the firmware running on the NINA module, therefore there is no library to do this currently.

Thanks, that would explain why I can't find anything.
Has there been any indication when the on-board BLE will be available?
Cheers

Hello everyone,
+1 on this question.

Is the BLE support planned in the next 2-3 months?

Hello All,

I will just throw this out there - but with the latest ESPtools you should be able to enable BLE(test only).

Please note, though - you'd have to also make the appropriate libs to make use of it. Maybe not if the data xmission code has been abstracted enough...

For an electrical test though - just to see if your iPhoid could see/possible pair - that much should be possible with making a build now.

I may post a test build for this later...

Regards,
John W.

Hi,
we currently have a firmware that enables BT but that has not been ported to vidor yet as we need to fix some communication issues through the FPGA first. i can't commit on a time frame right now as there are some higher priority topics we're working on right now for vidor but this is for sure coming.

DarioPennisi:
Hi,
we currently have a firmware that enables BT but that has not been ported to vidor yet as we need to fix some communication issues through the FPGA first. i can't commit on a time frame right now as there are some higher priority topics we're working on right now for vidor but this is for sure coming.

Any update on this?

kuzemchik:
Any update on this?

Also Interested. Thanks

I am interested in this as well, however for BLE Support, it is my understanding that this requires at a minimum FW version 1.2.1. Currently it appears only FW version 1.1.0 is available for the MKR Vidor 4000 so no BLE support at this time.

This could be tracked on the Github locations to see if anything changes though.

I would be nice to see the support though.

I hate to do this, but DarioPennisi is there any update on this?

In relation to the BLE for VIDOR 4000, I ask if there are news regarding the bluetooth library.