Using TouchOSC with an Arduino MEGA to control a Servo

I've seen loads of tutorials on this but none of them are working with me.

Could anyone give me some help? Is there any simple way to know if TouchOSC is actually communicating with the Arduino because everything else should work?

It's line 27. Fix it.

What is TouchOSC?

...R

Line 27?

TouchOSC is an app on the iPad where you can make your own control board basically.

Hard to explain so it might be easiest to check this link out: TouchOSC | hexler.net

Line 27?

He probably got it wrong because you haven't actually posted any code so it was just a guess.

because everything else should work?

What is everything else?

You need to describe what you have done, there is a lot to do to get communications going and it could go wrong at any stage.

Well i tested the code on the arduino so the circuit works...
The Processing code was cut and pasted from a blog which have comments saying that it was working so i'll take their word for it.

There must be something wrong in my setup of TouchOSC.

Thats why i'd like to know if anyone has used it before and if there is any simple test i can use to check the connection between the app on the iPad and the computer.

I have use an arduino to communicate with TouchOSC.
But unless you give some idea of what you did how can anyone help you?

The Processing code was cut and pasted from a blog

OK so what blog?
How have you set up the ports on the app and on the device.
What are you using at the arduino end?

It is like saying I have a car and I filled it up with petrol ( gas ) and it doesn't work, please help.

Not enough information in both cases.

It is like saying I have a car and I filled it up with petrol ( gas ) and it doesn't work, please help.

Not enough information in both cases.

Why would you fill the car with petrol? The petrol is supposed to go in the tank. No wonder it doesn't work full of petrol. It's probably flooded. :slight_smile:

This one: https://www.sparkfun.com/tutorials/152

The circuit and arduino code are all fine.
I have the ports as:
outgoing:8000
ingoing:9000

Better.
You first need to see of OSC is communicating with your computer so put a print statement in the oscEvent function so you can see them arrive. Also put a print statement in the part where processing sends stuff to the arduino.

Typical fails here are not picking up the right com port that represents the arduino and not having the right ip address for communications with the iPad.

Sorry to be completely incompetent but what do you mean by print statement?

You have to remember that i am completely new to using arduinos and all the coding.

The first program you should ever write is a hello world. In that you will see it say

print("hello world")

That is what a print statement is.

Having said that then I do think you should learn something about what you are trying to do first without trying something several miles over your head.

You should tell us what is and what is not working.
Do you see the changes in the graphics in the processing app?
Do you see the RX LED blinking on the Arduino?