Using wifi code on the Yun

Hi all,

I'm pretty new to using wifi on Arduino so bear with me! ^^

I'm trying to get my Arduino Yun to connect to a notification website called PushingBox. They provide a lot of code for use with the Wifi Shield ( PushingBox-for-Arduino-WiFi-shield/PushingBox-for-Arduino-WiFi-shield.ino at master · Clement87/PushingBox-for-Arduino-WiFi-shield · GitHub ) however nothing for the Yun. My question, therefore, is will this wifi shield code work on the Yun, and, if not, how do I make HTTP POST and GET requests on the Yun?

Thanks,
Ben

My question, therefore, is will this wifi shield code work on the Yun, and, if not, how do I make HTTP POST and GET requests on the Yun?

It might just be me, but I think I could have tested the code in less time than it took you to post that question.

PaulS:

My question, therefore, is will this wifi shield code work on the Yun, and, if not, how do I make HTTP POST and GET requests on the Yun?

It might just be me, but I think I could have tested the code in less time than it took you to post that question.

I can’t test it. I’m trying to work out if this is even feasible or not before I get the Yun.

I haven’t looked at that code, but the software interfacing with a WiFi shield doesn’t seem like something that is likely to be platform-specific. I think the question that needs to be asked is whether that WiFi shield (i.e. the hardware) will work with the Yun. If it does then this implies that the software part of the interface works or can be made to work.

PeterH:
I haven’t looked at that code, but the software interfacing with a WiFi shield doesn’t seem like something that is likely to be platform-specific. I think the question that needs to be asked is whether that WiFi shield (i.e. the hardware) will work with the Yun. If it does then this implies that the software part of the interface works or can be made to work.

That’s not gonna be the easiest to look up, who’s gonna use the Wifi shield on the Yun…

There are other options I can explore with Temboo on the Yun, it’s just that PushingBox supports Growl notifications which is kinda perfect for what I’m building.

DarkBen:
That's not gonna be the easiest to look up, who's gonna use the Wifi shield on the Yun...

If the WiFi shield doesn't state which Arduino models it's compatible with, then ask the supplier. If they can't / won't provide a satisfactory answer, choose a different supplier.

PeterH:

DarkBen:
That’s not gonna be the easiest to look up, who’s gonna use the Wifi shield on the Yun…

If the WiFi shield doesn’t state which Arduino models it’s compatible with, then ask the supplier. If they can’t / won’t provide a satisfactory answer, choose a different supplier.

I don’t understand? the Wifi shield isn’t ever going to be compatible with the Yun. I’m just trying to work out how to use the same features the shield offers on the Yun.

Could anyone at least point me to a reference detailing HTTP requests on the Yun?

Much appreciated.

Take a look at the examples for the Yun

I think you would have better luck if you ask the questions in the subforum for the Yun

Erni:
Take a look at the examples for the Yun

http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/HttpClient

I think you would have better luck if you ask the questions in the subforum for the Yun

Thank you! If I need further help I’ll ask there.