using xbee to receive the data from 6 analog sensors

Hallo,

I want the receive information from 6 analog sensors, so i think i can use a xbee module cause they have 6 analog inputs So on one module i connect the 6 sensors... The data is transmitted over the air to another xbee module

from the receiver module, i thought that the data comes out the serial port...

Now, what i want is showing the data on an lcd display, and logging the data(locally) so that i can make a graph(when it's connect to the computer)

Is that possible with an arduino module or something?

Now, what i want is showing the data on an lcd display, and logging the data(locally) so that i can make a graph(when it's connect to the computer)

This is possible. You'll need an Arduino, a XBee shield, an SD card and SD board/shield, and LCD display as the receiver.

The only difficulties will be deciphering the received data, and knowing which sensor connected to the sender the data came from and keeping up with the stream of data. If you can configure the XBee to send data only once a second/minute/hour/day/week, keeping up will be easier.

Yes -- that's what some of us are doing. Please see other posts in sensors and Scientific and measurement on rates of collection and throughput and ADC conversion rates. All of this is relevant.

I have some recent posts that should make this as does Jazlan and scjurgen and others based on real problems to be solved.

I have a post in the Other Software Development forum that is relevant as well -- it is about the DS1307 RTC.

The first step is to read at least all the recent posts as fast as you can looking for things that look similar. Once you have a sense of what is being done go back to the ones that you think match your expectations. Then read those posts more carefully and then ask some questions.

Look to Sparkfun and other similar web sites for sensor information and data sheets.

good luck! and get to it! :)

A lot of fun awaits

PaulS:

This is possible. You'll need an Arduino, a XBee shield, an SD card and SD board/shield, and LCD display as the receiver.

The only difficulties will be deciphering the received data, and knowing which sensor connected to the sender the data came from and keeping up with the stream of data. If you can configure the XBee to send data only once a second/minute/hour/day/week, keeping up will be easier.

the data stream must be continuously received(max 10 minutes or something) Ok, on SD card :p, because the internal memory of the atmega is too small

Is it possible to receive at the same moment the data of 6 ADC's of one xbee? Cause in the datasheet I can't find it clearly

I'll read the other posts :d

Again i've a question...

i don't know if it's clear in my previous posts, but i want to read 6 sensors with one xbee, is that possible?

6 sensors ==> 6 ADC'S xbee A

v v wireless v

xbee B ==> uC(arduino board) ==>lcd, pc, sound

Is it possible to send a signal from xbee B to A so that you can hear xbee A where it is?(whitout any uC round xbee A) Is it possible to use at the same time with an arduino board : LCD display, SD card logger, xbee shield,...

The XBee only has one ADC. It reads the analog pins one at a time.

Is it possible to send a signal from xbee B to A so that you can hear xbee A where it is?

No. The XBee sends data in packets. One of the pieces of data in that packet is the RSSI - relative signal strength indicator. It is not very accurate, and not meant to judge distance, and certainly not direction.

xbee B ==> uC(arduino board) ==>lcd, pc, sound

Sound?

Is it possible to use at the same time with an arduino board : LCD display, SD card logger, xbee shield,...

If you get the right kinds, yes.

Have a look at this module...

http://www.solarbotics.com/products/51730/ or here...

http://www.sparkfun.com/products/8710

Features:

• 3.3V @ 215mA
  • 250kbps Max data rate
  • 60mW output (+18dBm)
  • 1 mile (1500m) range
  • Fully FCC certified
  • 6 10-bit ADC input pins
  • 8 digital IO pins
  • 128-bit encryption
  • Local or over-air configuration
  • AT or API command set