UTFT 7 segment font decimal point missing

I have a 3.2" TFT 320x480 display running of a Mega 2560 board and want to use the & segment display but need a decimal point in the numbers. It is not included in the 32x50 pixel font library. Does anyone know how to construct it so that I can add it to the library? Each digit uses 204 headecimal bytes, it seems, but I cannot decipher the pattern.

Here is a challenge....

Draw a filled circle. How's that for a challenge?

It's not missing, it was just never added in. There is a new version that you can download from Henning Karlsens website that includes the decimal point.

HazardsMind: It's not missing, it was just never added in. There is a new version that you can download from Henning Karlsens website that includes the decimal point.

I thought it was a colon : ? He could edit the colon to be a decimal point, but the way those fonts work, is a contiguous block of ASCII characters and 0 to : is ASCII 48-58 whereas decimal point is ASCII 46. He would also need to remember that when he needed a decimal point, to use colon in the printed string.

Regards,

Graham

You’re right, it is colon. damn. Well a decimal point is not too difficult to add to the font file, it is just 2 ascii characters from ‘0’, maybe I’ll add it in then ask Henning to upload it to his site.

BTW (off topic), my TRON font is now on his site, hopefully people will like it.

Edit:
Done. very creative with the name :stuck_out_tongue:
The decimal is just a period so by typing a regular period, you should have a decimal point

It is now on Henning’s website.

SevenSegNumFontPlusPlus.c (13.5 KB)

Thanks for the support. I found an article by Henning on font 101 and created the two additional characers “.” and “/” using Hex code, added it to Henning’s 0-9 SevenSegFont, made the necessary intro changes and now can use the font wth decimals. This makes the font very useful for TFT displays of changing calculated values.

I am currently usng a 320x480 display and it handles the numbers and decimal place as well. I do not use the /, but it is there just in case.

Fun, fun, fun.

Now to get my diesel flow consumtion equations to work… add this to the gps speed log and rpm meter and one has a full-fledged diesel fuel flow and consumtion display.

You didn't need to make your own. The font I made in my previous post has the period in it. But good job.

But credit to the guy............. how many newbies are so keen to learn?

Well done boatman.

Regards,

Graham

Well done indeed. This guy is going places.

*Sorry my last post sounded rude, I was up all night working on something and not getting good results. Apologies boatman.

HazardsMind: Well done indeed. This guy is going places.

*Sorry my last post sounded rude, I was up all night working on something and not getting good results. Apologies boatman.

No apologies necessary. I downloaded yours as well. Thanks for the encouragement. The LCD world is highly varied it seems.