UTFT screen problem with Arduino Mega

Hello everyone

I've created this topic because I have a problem with my screen.
I use the UTFT library.
When I want to dispaly and only little rect, it's work well, but when it's more complex, the result is like that :

Driver IC: SSD1289

Have you an idea of the origine of this problem ?

Thank you very much

(excuse me for my bad English)

Mine does that too sometimes, just recycle the power and it should be good. That or your TFT is defective.

I tried with 3 different power source and it always the same result.
But when I keep pressed the reset button, it works that's strange

I think I would ask for a new one

I've received a new one and I've this problem too

I have a similar problem with my TFT purchased on ebay to member womarts.

also by chance you shopping for him?

I in my case, I do not know which driver ic. : (

I’ve bought my tft to womart too ]:smiley:
Now it’s work, you just have to plug RD & 3.3v pins on 5v and LEDA on 3.3v and it work well

F4T4liS:
I've bought my tft to womart too ]:smiley:
Now it's work, you just have to plug RD & 3.3v pins on 5v and LEDA on 3.3v and it work well

in my lcd, don´t say LEDA pin, its shield for UNO. :frowning:

F4T4liS:
I’ve bought my tft to womart too ]:smiley:
Now it’s work, you just have to plug RD & 3.3v pins on 5v and LEDA on 3.3v and it work well

it´s ok. :slight_smile:
i used, 5v, LCD_RD and 3,3v directly on 5v. :slight_smile:

thanks.

tucandroid:
I have a similar problem with my TFT purchased on ebay to member womarts.

also by chance you shopping for him?

I in my case, I do not know which driver ic. : (

I have bought from womarts and have not been able to get the TFT running. Except for a white screen. The problem is not so much with his equipment as it is with my example sketch doesn’t want to compile. I keep getting the error: ‘UTFT’ does not name a type. Can you help me ? have you any idea what model type the womarts 3.2" TFT is? The driver is SSD1289. the line in the code I am talking about is myGLCD (ITDB32S, 38,39,40,41) Should it be TFT01_32 or SSD1289 ? all help is greatly appreciated.

ppcjunkie,

you need to get the UTFT library from:

http://henningkarlsen.com/electronics/library.php?id=52

and add it to your arduino libraries. Then you need to #include <UTFT.h> in your sketch.

I actually have the #include <UTFT.h> and have the file in my sketch. Once I try this to compile it says that I don’t have another file, which is < UTFT.cpp>. Now it give this error Arduino: 1.5.4 (Windows Vista), Board: “Arduino Mega 2560 or Mega ADK”

This is new for me so I am in need of some direction. is thus the correct way to run a example file for UTFT?

I hook my arduino up. Set my port and board. Open my example sketch from the menu>examples>UTFT>arduino (AVR)> demo 320x420. Once I do this I click on add library> UTFT (I don’t know what all should happen but what does happen is the link #include <UTFT.h> appears in the header of the sketch. When I try to compile, I get that error: UTFT does not name a type. Once I add the UTFT.h file to the sketch as I mentioned above, the error still says same… depending on which demo I am using it might change to bitmapdata not declared or else. Can you give a quick synapsis of how it should be done. Maybe I ll see my error or what i am doing wrong.

When you do the “add libary UTFT”, yes, all that should happen is #include <UTFT.h> gets added to your sketch.

Your problem is that you have put the UTFT directory in the wrong place.

Using Windows Explorer, you need to check that the UTFT library is in your arduino/libraries/UTFT directory. Mine is at:

\Users\username\Documents\Arduino\libraries\UTFT

The way the arduino IDE works, unless the libraries are in the libraries directory, it will not find them for compilation.

You have your UTFT directories under a directory called “menu”. You can put your own sketches there, but the libraries must be under libraries.