<util/delay.h> error using adafruit 1.3" 128x64 oled

Pulling this error when compiling - is there a library I am missing ?

I am using the new Intel 101 board…

Thoughts ?

C:\Users\Rob\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_SSD1306\Adafruit_SSD1306.cpp:28:25: fatal error: util/delay.h: No such file or directory

#include <util/delay.h>

the library location is suspicious (that being in the users folder). Generally Ardunio installs in the c:\program files (x86)\Arduino\Libraries bla bla bla. the path in the error just doesn't look right.

Also make sure close any and all arduino sketches before installing libraries.

Thanks - moved the library files -
#include <Adafruit_GFX.h>
#include <Adafruit_SSD1306.h>

and pulled this error on upload

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_SSD1306\Adafruit_SSD1306.cpp:28:25: fatal error: util/delay.h: No such file or directory

#include <util/delay.h>

you could try putting " " around the util/delay.h or move the files delay.h and delay.cpp up one level.

I run into this issue on occasion and sometime the Arduino is pretty finicky with library locations.

KrisKasprzak:
the library location is suspicious (that being in the users folder).

I thought that since version 0017 that the correct location for user installed libraries was in a folder called “libraries” in the same location as the user’s sketches? (see here).

And since I’m pointing out things that don’t really matter…

I run into this issue on occasion and sometime the Arduino is pretty finicky with library locations

With a path like that I’d assume that delay.h is a system file (this is the new 101 board right?) but do you know the difference between

#include <system_file.h>

and

#include "user_file.h"

??

The difference is in the search paths (see here for a great explanation of the differences between them). So I don’t believe that is the issue either.

As far as a solution goes… Did you see this? It’s about the BMP085 but it might help.

Regards,

Brad
KF7FER

Guys,
<util/delay.h> is an AVR libC header file.
It is part of the avr-gcc package.
The “util” directory is a directory under the AVR include directory.
It has nothing to do with anything arduino, or arduino libraries.
It should be found if you are compiling for AVR.

Are you compiling for AVR?

— bill