UV Sensor Sl1145 I2C bus to Arduino Pro Mini?

Hi everyone,

I am working on hooking up the Sl1145 UV sensor over I2C bus without inserting a library. Does anyone know of any code using the I2C address only?

Thanks!

Hi jreit313

without inserting a library

Do you mean, without using an Si1145 library? Why do you not want to use a library?

Regards

Ray

Isn't the code supposed to run faster/use less power when using an I2C address instead of importing libraries? I'm creating an array of four sensors through I2C. Sparkfun has great tutorials for communication through I2C address without needing libraries. I'm having more trouble with adafruit products like SI1145.

Isn't the code supposed to run faster/use less power when using an I2C address instead of importing libraries?

Where did you get that silly idea? How do you think the library communicates with the device?

Sparkfun has great tutorials for communication through I2C address without needing libraries.

So, go ahead and follow that process. All you are doing is moving code from a library to the sketch. That doesn't make it faster or make the device use less power or respond faster.

I'm having more trouble with adafruit products like SI1145.

But, you're not going to tell us what the trouble is. Well, fine, be that way.