When I typed ./arduino_debug, here is what I got;
'.' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Sorry about that. That command works on PowerShell, but not on cmd, which the arduino_debug command you used works on cmd but not PowerShell. However I see that .\arduino_debug works on both so I've updated my notes so that I'll be sure to provide the universal command the next time I'm assisting someone with this sort of thing.
Here is the result for 1.8.7
Yeah, that's all fine.
I will do the same for 1.8.13 when I reinstall it but I do remember it quit at "Initializing packages".
Well, if you're happy with 1.8.7 then you're not obligated to reinstall 1.8.13. I sort of assumed you still had 1.8.13, but of course there's no real reason you would. But there have surely been some improvements since 1.8.7, so you might like to use the up to date IDE version and I'm happy to take a look at the debug output to see if it provides some clues to the fix.
You could also sidestep the issue entirely by skipping over Arduino IDE 1.8.13 and going straight to Arduino IDE 2.0.0-beta.3. But that is still in the beta development phase so you're likely to find there are some things not quite working correctly right now.