Vauxhall/Opel TID replacement

Hi, i currently have a 'TID' (tripple info display) in my corsa which displays info from my car sterio usch as track name or radio station etc. after playing about with an arduino and a 2x16 lcd display and making a clock i love the way this looks compared to teh standard screen in teh car i would like to be able to use another arduino and display (or use the current one i am using for a clock to siplay the information from my head unit. the pinout of the standard Vauxhal/opel unit is below

Pin # Name 1 Permanent 12V 2 Temperature – NTC Thermistor 3 Ground 0V 4 Temperature – NTC Thermistor 5 Accessories 6 Headlights 7 Dashboard illumination 8 Car-radio on 9 SCL 10 MRQ 11 SDA 12 Not connected (Speed)

i am a at a bit of a loss as of where to start on this one, i have no idea of how or what information is being sent to the display to even make a start on programming the arduino, any help would be greatly apprechiated.

As you acn see above some of the connections are used to display a temperature with a directly connected temperature sensor (i am happy to lose this function as my clock already incorporates this) and other pins are just to dim teh display if the headlights are on which i already have implemented so sont need thsi function.

Thanks and best regards,

Phil.

i am a at a bit of a loss as of where to start on this one, i have no idea of how or what information is being sent to the display to even make a start on programming the arduino

If you don't have progrqamming experience on the Arduino, please spend an day or 3 in the tutorial section. There are many examples and they are so instructive. YOu will recognize the one that fit your project.

Do you have any datasheets, manuals etc describing the device?

The SCL and SDA lines indicate there is an I2C interface to the device. So check out the I2C samples.

12V line says "watch out" Arduino does only 0..5V ( or you should order a ruggeduino -> google)

12 Not connected (Speed)

this I don't understand? Is it not connected or does it something with speed?