VDIP1 to USB Printer

After several hours spent on Google, has anyone used a Vinculum VDIP1 and an UNO to drive a USB printer, if so, can you point me in the right direction to find some example code / sketch..... The idea behind my project is a small stand-alone unit to test Thermal POS printers, not a great deal of data needs to be sent to the printer, basically just the command to perform a self test..... Any help would be great....

Personally I have driven a serial (not USB) thermal printer easily enough. Why USB?

Hi, thanks for your quick reply. I repair POS printers and am looking for a quick way to test them, the majority use USB, so instead of using a PC which 9 times out of 10 has to be re-booted when a new USB device is connected, I had a look through my box of Arduino bits and came accross this VDIP1 module which I purchased some time ago for another project but never used, and was wondering how to combine the 2 to perform a simple test to confirm the printer working or not as the case may be!!!!!!