Vehicle remote control

Hello
I am making a simple remote controller to control a vehicle using arduino and xbee

I chose the modules but I need to make sure i picked everything right before moving on

For transmission: Arduino module, xbee series 2 transmitter, xbee shield, joystick shield, adadruit powerboost 500

For receiving: Arduino module, xbee series 2 receiver, mdd10A motor driver, 2 DC gear motors for the vehicle

I checked the voltages for each gear motor and they require 24V total, the driver can supply 30V, so all good

Did I miss anything?

I checked the voltages for each gear motor and they require 24V total, the driver can supply 30V, so all good

What about current?

I checked
The motors require 20A starting
The driver can supply 30A
And the required continuous current is 2A
Which again the driver can supply

Hi,
Power supply?

Can you tell us your electronics, programming, arduino, hardware experience?

Thanks.. Tom... :slight_smile:

Hi
sorry for late reply

anyway, this is a part of a project for my university graduation project, this is still part where I basically have to make a report only without being able to purchase or test any of the components(stupid rule I know).
The project is divided into other parts and other components so the power supply wont be only for the vehicle and control part. We will decide on that when we finish choosing all the components.

My part was to choose the transmitting and receiving parts, my experience is college based so far, little basic arduino projects, so I am not very experienced in that matter.
I only need to know if I chose the correct components and modules necessary for the Remote control process

Another option for the wireless communication is a pair of nRF24L01+ transceivers.

...R
Simple nRF24L01+ Tutorial

Yeah i saw those.
Our project depends on xbee only unfortunately

Or you could just buy a 2.4ghz “RC” car transmitter and receiver which will just work out of the box , then make an interface to your motor .

Oh I didn't think about that

We have to submit the report tomorrow and we have literally no time to change unfortunately.

Sorry for asking again, but the components i chose should work right?

I saw some projects that used encoder and decoder ICs but they used arduino RF transmitters.

All xbee projects did the projects without them

mike675:
I saw some projects that used encoder and decoder ICs but they used arduino RF transmitters.

All xbee projects did the projects without them

XBees are XBees and encoders are encoders. They are completely separate things. If you get code working for XBees and separate code working for encoders, you're well on your way to getting everything to work.

mike675:
this is still part where I basically have to make a report only without being able to purchase or test any of the components

Must be the reason why there are so many so called graduates around.

bluejets:
Must be the reason why there are so many so called graduates around.

Maybe the OP is studying English and this is a creative writing test.

...R