Velomobile Project

Hi everybody, I'm new to the forum, so let me introduce myself: My name is Corentin, 22years old and an automotive electronics student from belgium. I'm currently working on a project involving a velomobile (it's like an aerodynamic covered bicycle with 2 front and 1 back wheel). My goal is trying to run all the electronics trough one central controller. I'm hoping for some tips from you guys, since this is my first real project with a microcontroller.

I would like to use an Arduino to control the lighting and a horn ( 2 front Power leds, 4 turning signal lights, 2 back lights also working as brake lights)
The lights should have 2 or 3 dimming modes for day and night lighting and also be able to blink.

The arduino should also receive signals from a bottom bracket torque sensor, a speed sensor, a heartrate sensor, a temperature sensor and a li-ion battery fuel gauge sensor

I'm also thinking of controlling an electric motor with the arduino, so i could implement Cardiodrive (with the torque and heartrate sensor) and motor speed limitation ( with the speed sensor), for legal purposes.

Connecting an LCD display to the controller and mounting it in the dashboard to show different data would also be nice!

Can i have your thoughts on this project and maybe some propositions on wich arduino would be best for this task?

Thanks and Greetings from Belgium!

Can i have your thoughts on this project and maybe some propositions on wich arduino would be best for this task?

As there is only a couple of $ between the uno and mega now, I’d get the mega as it has more capability than an uno.