Verification Error, Content Mismatch

I've read multiple threads about "verification error, content mismatch" before and almost all suggest that you burn the bootloader using a second microcontroller, USBasp, or different external ISP. I believe my situation is a bit unique, but not sure, because I'm able to upload a specific code but when I make any edits to said code it doesn't upload. I know the code works because it compiles and the edits are very minor edits that shouldn't break the code. When I try to upload a blank sketch using void setup and void loop I get the same type of error.

Would burning the bootloader fix the issue for this too or is this something else entirely?

Error messages for reference: avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x30d8 0x4a != 0x40 avrdude: verification error; content mismatch avrdude: verification error; content mismatch

The mismatch at byte 0x00X0 changes each time I make an edit to the code so I can identify where the mismatch is coming from.

Burning the bootloader using an Arduino Uno board did the trick. For anyone who might experience same issue with a Sparkfun Microview, the step by step instructions for doing this are here https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/installing-a-bootloader-on-the-microview/introduction